We’re hiring! Management Accountant
Part Time – Management Accountant – London
About We Are Beer
We’re an events and festival company promoting quality beer around the UK. We began with the London Craft Beer Festival in 2013. We now have 4 festivals around the country, growing to 5 in 2020 and with plans for further expansion down the line.
The role – Overview
We’re bringing our finance capabilities in house and as such are looking for a management accountant to lead this. The position is an all-around role; you’ll be working directly with the directors of the business to ensure monthly reporting and forecasting is complete, as well as executing the week to week tasks of bookkeeping.
We’re a small but dynamic company and we rely on highly motivated and driven individuals to take ownership of their area and drive our business forward. That means people who can work independently as well as alongside the team, and that are passionate and have belief in what we do – festivals, great experiences, quality food and drink.
We’re looking for someone who is experienced and looking to take ownership of their role, commercial in mindset, and looking for a part time role that offers relative flexibility.
The role – In detail
- Helping directors create yearly budgets and forecasts, maintaining these throughout the course of the trading year
- Managing and reconciling a network of company accounts in a group structure
- Preparing consolidated monthly management accounts for leadership and board meeting meetings
- Day to day analysis of financial and business data, inputting into financial strategy and performance as we go
- Bookkeeping – accounts payable / accounts receivable (Xero)
- Executing payroll function
- Managing bank accounts, balance sheet reconciliations
- Chasing debtors
- Doing VAT returns
- Preparing annual accounts
Our ideal candidate:
- Relevant qualifications: ACCA / CIMA or nearly qualified
- Experience in the functions we need carrying out
- Looking for independent working – ability to work alone and in group. Experience of this desirable. We require a minimum of 1 day per week in co-working office and being a team of six we want you to become integrated in what we’re doing
- Experience in working with small ‘start-up’ mindset companies looking to grow
- Highly capable and experienced in Microsoft Excel – we’d like our person to build on the tools we already have in place
- Highly capable and experienced in Xero
- Experience in producing concise management reports for presentation to company directors and NEDs
- If there’s no place in your life for great beer, wine, food, bonhomie – if these things don’t motivate you – you might struggle to fit in culturally
- Bonus: has worked in and around festivals, events or hospitality businesses before
- This is a part-time position (16-24hrs / week)
- 35-45k pro rata depending on experience and qualifications
- 25 days holiday pro rata(3 days mandatory during Christmas close down)
- Festival Guest list for each of our events.
Please email [email protected]with the subject ‘Management accountant’ with your CV and a brief cover note. Any relevant work or links you can share will only help your application.